How is Railserve Different from other Rail Switching Service Providers?
We differentiate ourselves by having salaried management personnel at each location and Regional Leaders (of both Safety and Operations) who oversee 5–10 sites to provide each site with support, encouragement, and direction. We invest in our team by providing an excellent compensation and benefits plan for all employees.
Railserve provides safe and reliable in-plant rail services for major manufacturing companies. Our parent company is the $8.0B Marmon Group (a Berkshire Hathaway company) which provides the financial support to invest in our customers’ growth. We are stable because we are well managed and are well managed because we have qualified people and proven processes.
Railserve differentiates itself by its approach to safety. It is not just a program, it is a core value. We develop this value by recruiting people who possess this trait through our behavior-based interviewing process. The only way for Railserve to earn the opportunity to provide service is for our organization to be genuinely committed to safety - our actions must demonstrate it, our employees must believe it, and we must inspire others (employees and our customers) to share that core value.
By anticipating, meeting, and exceeding customer expectations, Railserve earns recognition itself in several ways:
- Contractor of the Year – By major companies.
- New locations – New customers who have never done business with Railserve have chosen Railserve as their switching provider.
- New locations for existing customers: Based on Railserve's performance at existing sites, customers have chosen Railserve to operate additional sites.
- Expanded business at existing locations: Based on Railserve's performance at existing sites, customers have broadened their scopes of work (added track maintenance, truck shuttles, product handling).
Railserve differentiates itself through its:
- Experience – We have the longest tenure, safest results, strongest parent company.
- Results – Demonstrated consistent, reliable performance at major manufacturing/production plants in the US and Canada.
- Processes –Defined, documented, and measurable safety program.
- Management Team – Customers have easy access to all levels of Railserve management. Railserve management works as a team and understands customers’ objectives.
- Trust – Railserve is a company of integrity. We are open and honest in our abilities and actions at all levels.
- A place to work where people feel good to be a part of this company
- Sustained growth and opportunity for our employees
- All operations able to function on their own within a given set of boundaries
- The safest and best service provider in our industry